Registering to Vote Information
The requirements to register to vote are
- A United States citizen and a resident of California,
- 18 years old or older on Election Day,
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons with a Criminal History), and
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship).
The requirements to pre-register to vote are
To pre-register to vote in California, you must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old, and
- Meet all of the other requirements to vote.
You will automatically be registered to vote on your 18th birthday.
Proceed to the CA Register to Vote website to do online registration.
If you are interested in participating in Voter Registration drives, check out this video on Voter Registration Training.