Who Are The Members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why Should I Join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How Much Time Does It Take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What Do I Get?
You automatically become a member of LWV California and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the San Joaquin County League of Women Voters called The Voter which is usually published 4 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
Can I Donate Without Joining?
Yes. We appreciate your support.
- You can make a tax-deductible donation to our local Education Fund which is a 501(c)(3) organization, by either filling out a form and mailing it to us with your check, or online by using PayPal.
- You can make a non-tax-deductible donation to our local League to support our work, by either filling out a form and mailing it to us with your check, or online by using PayPal.
If you provide a mailing address with your donation, we will mail you a thank-you note which you can keep for your tax records.