The participation of Volunteers and Donors like you have made us the most trusted voice in positive solutions to public policy issues.
Your Volunteer and Financial support directly impact the League's work to empower and educate citizens and to protect and defend our democracy. Working together we help ensure our elections are free, fair, and accessible; protect our environment, and reduce the influence of money in our elections.
Your financial donations are greatly appreciated and important. They can be tax-deductible, too. Find out the details here:
Is My Donation Tax-deductible?
- Donations made to LWV Solano County Education Fund are tax-deductible. These donations are used strictly for educational activities.
- Donations to LWV Solano County, which is a 501(c)4 organization, are NOT tax-deductible.
LWVSC NEEDS YOU! VOLUNTEERS WANTED
Ready to get involved? Help us build out our capacity to match the fast growth of our Solano league. Important Volunteer activities are available to suit your skills and time – just an hour or two a month or more. Contact us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com and let us know which committee you are interested in and we'll contact you and help you find an opportunity that works for you!
Communications Committee Volunteers Needed
Exciting volunteer work is available for a few hours or more. Check out a few of the opportunities below.
- Social Media. Speak Facebook and Twitter? Help us bring our social media presence back to life! Just post 2-3 times per month on our new LWV Solano County pages on your schedule.
- Website. Have some website savvy and 5-6 hours per month to volunteer? We need you.
- Event Flyers. Have a flair for copy and/or some desktop graphics skills and a few hours each month, then we need you.
- Member Welcome Kits. Reach out to new/renewing members with informational emails and calls.
If you don’t see an opportunity that fits your interests or time resources, please email us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com, there are many other important tasks where we can use your valuable help.
Membership Committee Volunteers Needed
We’re now 110+ strong but without the help of our committee volunteers, we’d be stuck in 2nd gear.
- Tabling at Solano Community College (SCC), Fairfield. Our goal is to increase our student membership and volunteers, provide information about our league’s events, and help folks to register to vote. If you can help one week or many, please email us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com to volunteer.
- Outreach to New Members. Set your own hours and help us onboard and involve our members with friendly calls, emails, and other outreach.
- Diversity and Inclusion Outreach. Help our vigorous efforts to build a diverse and inclusive membership and community connections that reflect the diversity of our county.
- Membership Committee. Help us grow and diversify our league as part of our committee.
If you don’t see an opportunity that fits your interests or time resources, there are many other important tasks where we can use your valuable help, just email us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com.
Program Planning & Events (PP&E) Volunteers Needed
There are so many ways to volunteer with the Events Committee. We are often looking for volunteers to greet people at events and hand out name tags. We often need volunteers to bake cookies or sweets to hand out at events and to staff tables. There is always a need for volunteers to set up and clean up before and after our events.
Special Request: We would love to have a photographer to take pictures at our events.
For more information on how you can help, please email us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com.
Voter Service Volunteers Needed
Interested in working on Voter’s Edge, Adopt-a-Poll, Get Out the Vote or Candidate Forums? Please email us at lwvsolano [at] gmail.com for more information.
DONATE to League of Women Voters Solano County
Use this link to donate via PayPal or please send your check payable to LWV Solano County Education Fund, PO Box 83, Benicia, CA 94510. These donations are used strictly for educational activities.