A free social equity course, The Equity Journey, is being offered to league members by the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance. Powered by Thought Industries.
What is an Equity Journey? It is a very different kind of voyage. One that requires covering a lot of miles and certainly asks you to check your baggage. You can take the equity journey as an individual, with an organization, or within your larger community. You will be asked to share a common language with other travelers and set a point of view that takes in a range of perspectives. In your reflections and actions, you will have to embrace discomfort. You will grow during your journey and be in a better place when you end.
The three-module, self-guided journey will help you:
- Enhance your understanding of equity and bias.
- Uncover your equity journey and create an action plan to continue your personal development.
- Gain awareness of the structural/systemic barriers that hinder equity.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how advancing equity can increase the effectiveness of your organization.
- Explore strategies for aligning professional practice with social equity objectives.
You will leave the training armed with a toolkit of resources that will benefit you today and for decades to come.
Participants who complete all course requirements are eligible for the e-certificate: The Equity Journey.
The program is being offered to all league members at no cost until February 21st (extended from August 15). Learn more and sign up on Leaderosity.