Who Are The Members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why Should I Join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How Much Time Does It Take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What Do I Get?
You automatically become a member of the Cook County Inter-League Organization, LWV Illinois and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the La Grange Area League of Women Voters called LWV La Grange Newsletter which is usually published 10 times each year . You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
What Does It Cost?
- Students, Annual - $25.00 (Check or PayPall)
- One Member, Annual - $72.00 (check) or $74.50 (PayPal)
- Household (Two Members), Annual - $108.00 (check) or $111.50 (PayPal)
Dues are not tax deductible. Please make out your check to: League of Women Voters of the La Grange Area.
How Do I Join?
- Fill out a simple form, print it out and mail us a check, or
- Use PayPal and avoid a trip to the Post Office