Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to people ages 16 and older. Your membership gives the League the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We want YOU to join the League of Women Voters of Roselle/Bloomingdale.
Benefits of Membership
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders, using their experience to create positive, lasting change.
- Be Informed: Get access to our programs, publications, and discussions.
- Serve Your Community: Register voters, educate the public, and meet with government officials.
- Create Change: Study issues and shape public policy.
- Meet New People: Our members are warm, welcoming, interesting, and dynamic.
- Develop New Skills: Get experience in every branch of citizen advocacy.
- Be Active: Be involved to the extent you choose to be.
As a League member, you will have the opportunity to participate in local, state, and national League work and you will get exclusive civic information you can trust. You will know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength and our financial resources. Most importantly, you will be able to serve in areas that interest you including:
- Social Policy Issues (diversity, equity, and inclusion; children’s services; immigration; mental health; healthcare)
- Natural Resources Issues (land and water use, carbon pricing)
- Government Issues (fiscal policy, schools, criminal justice, gun violence, election laws, redistricting)
There are two easy ways to join or renew your membership. Use this link to do it online. Or, use your check and the post office! Simply print, complete, and return our 2021 Membership Form with your check payable to LWVRB to LWV-RB, PO Box 72354, Roselle, IL 60172.
Annual dues are $75 for an Individual, or $105 for a Household of two individuals who share same address. Annual dues for Emerging Leaders (people age 16-26) is $30.
Condsider adding an extra $25 to support local League operations with one of our "plus" memberships -- Individual + is $100 and Household + is $130. We run a tight budget so those extra dollars are very helpful.
Have questions about membership? Email us at lwvrbmail [at] gmail.com.
Want to do something positive for your community? League members can volunteer for any of the following:
- Be a Voter Registrar
- Be a Judge of Election or Poll Watcher
- Be a Board Observer (observing and reporting on the actions of local government bodies)
- Be a League Board Member
- Help out with Student Mock Elections and Community Candidate Forums
- Help out with Membership (recruiting and involving new League members)
- Help out with Hospitality (meeting arrangements and greeting)
- Help out with Publicity (helping publicize League activities)
- Help out with Fundraising (helping with an annual finance drive, and other fundraising events)