Planning, zoning, Comprehensive Plan, transportation, environment
Position In Brief:
Action to Support:
- Representative and diverse membership on the Planning and Zoning Commission
- Continuation and revision of the Comprehensive Plan of Frederick County
- Zoning that limits rural residential development in designated areas of Frederick County
Adopted 1971, amended 1995
Statements of Position:
- The Frederick County Planning and Zoning Commission should have a membership that reflects:
- Representation of urban and rural interests;
- Diversity of business and community interest; and
- Minority group representation.
- The Comprehensive Plan should be reviewed and revised on a regular schedule.
- The basic goals of the Comprehensive Plan should include:
- Conservation of the natural environment;
- Quality living environment for people; and
- A sound and diversified economy.
- A transportation plan which emphasizes public transportation including a county-wide network and rapid transit system to the metropolitan areas;
- A watershed protection and flood control plan; and
- Pollution controls for each element.
5. Provision for public participation in the planning process is essential
League to which this content belongs:Frederick County