Also see Current Precinct Information on the Town Clerk's webpage
The purposes of the precinct organization effort:
- Strengthen the Town Meeting process.
- Have well attended meetings in each precinct or joint meetings prior to each Town meeting.
- Elect a Captain, Deputy, and Clerk in each precinct willing to organize a meeting prior to each Town Meeting.
- Support the precinct meeting with notices, organizational assistant, and encouraging attendance from town boards and committees.
The goals of the precinct meetings
- Increase and improve communication to all Town Meeting members.
- Allow Town Meeting Members to reach out for broader community input.
- Involving more town residents in Town Meeting process.
- Inform Town Meeting Members on the issues relating to the current Town Meeting.
- Prepare Town Meeting Members to actively contribute to Town Meeting.