Committees and Teams 2020-2021
See the many ways to get involved in the Ann Arbor Area League. For information or to volunteer contact Barb Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology & Communications - Email management, newsletter, website, Facebook, graphic design, publicity. Bring your technical skills to help communicate to the community and our membership.
- Looking for webmaster(s) to be responsible for a portion of the site - calendar, news, etc.
- Reasonably-tech-savvy person to work with email system - post and send messages provided by League teams.
Voter Service - Oversees voter information related to elections (May, August and November);
- Assist with voter registration programs (on going throughout the year)
- Assist with Candidate Forums as a time, greeter and/or moderator
- Help prepare questions for candidates based on current events, issues and legislation
Advocacy – New committee establishing action/study priorities
- Seeking members to serve as legislative watchdogs
- Needs input to determine member interest in specific issues
- Help plan and coordinate events
- Help members learn about the League and how to join in
- Staff a membership table at League public events
Observer Corps -
- Attend local governmental unit meetings and provide feedback
- Recruit and train additional volunteers for this new program
Monthly Events: Brews and Views (evening) and Lunch and Learn (noontime)
- Assist in scheduling monthly speakers on various topics of interest
Information Table at Events such as Art Fair
- Coordinating the staffing and set up of booth
- Being part of the committee to handle logistics, scheduling
- Take a turn or two staffing the booth, talking with passersbys, handing out literature