The LWV needs your help. Volunteer with us today!
Volunteers make everything we do possible. It's our volunteers who organize our programs and forums, speakers and our Annual Legislative Breakfast.
- Naturalization Ceremonies
Volunteers needed to register new United States citizens to vote. Ceremonies are inspiring you will want to volunteer again and again. Check our Calendar for dates. Call the office at 315-396-8225 for more information.
- Serve on Committees
Learn more about the League by volunteering to sit on one of our standing committees listed below with a brief discription:
- Advocacy & Action:
- "Action is agitating, organizing, educating, pleading, and persuading" - said Carrie Chapman Catt, a leader of the women’s suffrage movement and founder of the League of Women Voters.
- Today, action is whatever the League does to influence government officials to implement the League's program goals. Action is sending emails, writing letters, visiting public officials, mobilizing public support and testifying at hearings.
- This link provides a link to the League's Legislative priorities.
- Voter Service:
- Volunteers are needed for the numerous voter registration events and candidate forums that we conduct. Also, speakers are need to meet with students and civic groups to provide education on a citizen's right to vote.
- Help grow the League by planning events to recruit and welcome new members.
- Clerical help needed for maintianing membership roles.
- Plan events for members and the general public.
- Determine topics and find speakers of local and national interest.
- Help build the League finacially, so that we can carryout our important mission of educating the public of their voting rights.
- Help plan fundraising events, raffels & grant proposals.