Past Book Club Events
2019-20 League Reads Book Discussion Group
The group is open to all League members and guests and will meet for a light breakfast and discussion from 9:30-11 am at a League member's home. Please register in advance for all or any individual meeting. For the March 5th book group discussion, please register by March 2nd. Locations will be provided upon registration.
For more information or to register, please contact email@example.com.
- March 5, 2020: Falter: Has the Human Game Begun to Play Itself Out?, by Bill McKibben
- May 7, 2020: Give Us the Ballot: The Modern Struggle for Voting Rights in America, by Ari Berman
- July 9, 2020: The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure, by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt.
- December 12, 2019: Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men, by Caroline Criado Perez
- July 24, 2019, 9:30-11 am at Crabtrees's Kittle House: No Visible Bruises , by Rachel Louise Snyder
- May 22, 2018, 9-11 am at Local: The Death & Life of the Great American School System, by Diane Ravitch
- April 16, 2018, 7- 8:30 pm at Horace Greeley High School Academic Commons: Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right, by Jane Mayer
- February 27, 2018, 9-11 am at Local, 75 South Greeley Avenue: Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis, by Robert D. Putnam
- March 27, 2017: The Presidency in Black and White: My Up-Close View of Three Presidents and Race in America by April Ryan
- January 23, 2017: All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca Traister
- October 24, 2016: Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
If you decide to buy through Amazon, please consider ordering through Amazon SMILE, as we receive 0.5% percent for all Amazon purchases through that link.
Your League Reads Committee, Lea Barth Sheila Bernson Jennifer Mebes Flagg Carol Zerbe Hurford Alicia Molloy