For the Cincinnati School District: The LWVCA supports tax levies and bond issues to implement policies for operations and improvements in the system. The Board, in determining LWVCA action on a proposed Cincinnati Public Schools tax levy or bond issue, should consider the following information:
- Improvements and upgrades in programs offered;
- drop-out/graduation rates;
- the spending per student;
- the condition of the physical facilities;
- the socio-economic background of the student body;
- Continuous outreach to parents and members of the community.
The trends for these data should be that the district is showing improvement toward meeting its announced goals, and where progress is not being made, remediation efforts are in place. In addition to the above information, the Board should examine the CPS budget to determine what monies are coming into the district and how they are being spent. Moreover, before any position is taken, the Board must be confident that the LWVCA members have been thoroughly updated on the state of the CPS and that their activities are being routinely monitored.