The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
We do not support or oppose any candidate or political party at any level of government.
We do focus on:
- voter registration
- voter education, and
- voter engagement.
In 2018, the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma County:
- reinstated the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma County,
- registered over 80 new voters,
- participated in distribution of the Oklahoma Voter Guide,
- and co-hosted a gala honoring 100 women of Oklahoma.
In 2019 we are working on:
- participating in a campaign to encourage Senator Lankford to recommend a hearing on HR1, the For The People Act,
- worked with the Coalition of the Underheard on determining voter priorities, and
- worked with Oklahomans Decide Healthcare regarding the expansion of Medicare.
Our membership is open to anyone in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, or surrounding areas that isn’t served by a local League.
We are affiliated with the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma and the League of Women Voters U.S.