LWVCA is committed to providing fair, nonpartisan candidate forums that are open to the general public. For more candidate and ballot information, visit vote411.org and enter your address to build your personalized voters' guide.
Upcoming 2023 Candidate Forums
Virtual candidate forums will be livestreamed on our YouTube Channel here and then posted on this webpage.
- October 3: North Charleston City Council District 3 Forum, 6:30 PM, VIRTUAL. View the recording here.
- October 5: Mt Pleasant Town Council Candidate Forum, 6:00 PM, Wando Mount Pleasant Library Community Room B. Co-sponsored by LWVCA and Moultrie News.
- October 10: James Island Mayor and Town Council Forum, 6:30 PM, VIRTUAL. Watch the recording here.
- October 11: Charleston City Council District 9 (West Ashley), 6:30 PM, VIRTUAL. View the recording here.
- October 12: Charleston Mayoral Climate Action Candidate Forum, 7:00 PM. The College of Charleston TD Arena, 3rd Floor McAllister Suite. Co-sponsored by LWVCA, the Charleston Climate Coalition, the Sierra Club. View the recording here.
- October 17: North Charleston Mayoral Candidate Forum, 6:30 PM North Charleston City Hall. Co-sponsored by the LWVCA, The Links, Incorporated and Pan-Hellenic Council. View the recording here.
- October 17: Folly Beach City Council Forum (The LWVCA was not involved in this forum but are including it here for voters; WCBD News 2 recorded it.) View the recording here.
- October 18: Charleston City Council District 3 (Johns Island) Candidate Forum, 6:30 PM, St. John's Episcopal Church, Walton Hall, 3673 Maybank Hwy., Johns Island. Co-sponsored by LWVCA and The Johns Island Advocate.
- October 19: Charleston Mayoral Election Candidate Forum, 7:00 PM, Synagogue Emanu-El, 5 Windsor Dr., West Ashley. This forum is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of the Charleston Area and the Charleston Jewish Federation. Please RSVP and get more info here.
- October 23: Isle of Palms City Council forum, 6:30 PM, IOP Exchange Club. View the recording here.
- October 25: Charleston Mayoral Forum, 6:30 PM, Greater St. Luke AME Church, Charleston. Co-sponsored by LWVCA and The Links, Incorporated and Pan-Hellenic Council.