Our Mission and Vision
The Mission of the LWVCA
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.
Vision Statement of the LWVCA
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area is our area's premier civic organization. We are visible and engage our members and community in public policy initiatives, educate and advocate for voter rights, and provide expanded voter services.
What We Do
- Voters Service/Citizen Education: we present unbiased nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy: we are a nonpartisan organization, but, after study, we use our public policy positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest. You can participate in this work by joining one of our issues committees or keeping an eye on the newsletter for specific events.
- Membership/Volunteerism: We make lifelong connections and friendships while volunteering to help our community. Each month we meet in small "units" or neighborhood discussion groups at locations throughout the county to plan our work and educate ourselves. Visit a unit meeting to see League in Action. Our monthly newsletter, The Voter, shares information on all our activities.
Get involved with the League today:
- Unit Meetings are our grassroot core -- small meetings throughout the region where we meet together to study, act, and socialize.
- Committees and teams include issue study groups as well as voter registration, fundraising, membership and more.
- Office and mailing volunteers are always welcome to help with some regular tasks and of course notices to our members and community.
The League of Women Voters recognizes that diverse perspectives are important and necessary for responsible and representative decision making. The LWV affirms its commitment to reflecting the diversity of America in its membership, leadership and programs.
Structure and Funding
The League of Women Voters conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a nonpartisan nonprofit public policy educational organization, which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we accept donations to Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization.
History of the League of Women Voters
Read a short history of the League of Women Voters.
Social Media Channels of the LWVCA
Other League Organizations
- League of Women Voters of Clermont County, Ohio
- League of Women Voters of Oxford, Ohio
- League of Women Voters of Greater Dayton Area, Ohio
- League of Women Voters of Northern Kentucky (FB)
- League of Women Voters of Kentucky
- League of Women Voters of Indiana