Support use of up-to-date juvenile detention facilities, provided revisions and renovations occur as required by law; alternative programs for juvenile misdemeanants; probation department’s programs for foster and crisis homes
Position In Brief:
- Facilities for mentally disturbed children should be provided; as well as flexible funding for the facility and its programs.
- Improve recreation programs and facilities within the juvenile hall.
- Continue substance abuse program, especially self-supporting aspect.
- Encourage media informational programs dealing with Probation Department’s foster and crisis homes and support community members who take in delinquent youth.
- Encourage pretrial and post-trial alternatives.
- Encourage mediation/arbitration programs as a diversion from the court system for misdemeanants only.
- Support restitution when applicable.
- Maintain adequate fiscal support for all alternative programs and juvenile detention facilities.
- Encourage Probation Department to continue its diversion program and its support of community-based diversion options,valuable services to juveniles in the system.
- Support of science-based risk assessment tools.
- Continue adequate educational programs within the juvenile detention facilities.
- Encourage Probation Department to continue its diversion program and its support of community-based diversion options,valuable services to juveniles in system.
League to which this content belongs:Humboldt County