See The VOTER Newsletter from the League of Women Voters Orange Coast. Our newsletter has information about the activities and meetings of our organization. It is published every two months in PDF format.
- Interested in participating in discussions about books? Our League has two to choose from. Check out the calendar of events pages 1 and 2.
- See pages 6, 7, & 8, for LWVC positions on the November 6, 2018, ballot, and page 4 for where to find information on the candidates who are running for office who have posted their positions and qualifications on Voter’s Edge.
- For a follow-up to the panel on Homelessness back in March of this year see page 4 and 5.
- See page 3 for a clear explanation about our current venue for Lunch with League.
- Check out pages 8 and 9 to see what LWVUS has been doing.
Articles for further learning:
- Learn more about Campaign Finance and how we got where we are now:
- President of the LWVUS, Chris Carson wrote: “The New York Times ran an op-ed titled, How the Suffrage Movement Betrayed Black Women. The League is not mentioned by name in this piece, but we should have been. Our founders and early leaders were not inclusive of all women. African Americans were excluded through much of our history. We have submitted a letter to the editor to the Times addressing our place in this history. These are hard truths to face but an important part of our story that we will continue to address as we approach our 100th Anniversary.
The national office has renewed our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Going forward, every League Update will now have a DEI section where we share tools, articles, and updates that address our commitment.”
- Want to know more about the Sanctuary State?: https://story.californiasunday.com/sanctuary