See The VOTER Newsletter from the League of Women Voters Orange Coast. Our newsletter has information about the activities and meetings of our organization. It is published every two months in PDF format.
Here is The Voter for December 2018 - January 2019:
1. January brings the most important action that we take as Leaguers:Program Planning. 2019 brings the biennial convention of LWV of California hence our Program Planning is in preparation of that event. This year our meeting will be different because we have the work of two Task Forces to plan for.
- The first is on Diversity and Equity. This is a timely topic given our current political climate. The second is on the California Criminal Justice System. See page two for links for background information to prepare for the meeting in January.
- We will also be looking at our own Positions in preparation for our Annual Meeting.
2. Party! Party! Party! Check out page 1 for when and where!
3. On pages 5 & 6 is a wonderful article on the elixir of life: Water!
4. Please read the letter from LWV of California President Helen Hutchison on page 8.
5. What has LWVUS been doing in this election on page 9.
6. For the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment and LWVUS to learn more about the history of women’s suffrage, see page 4.
League of Women Voters of Orange Coast