The following community events are not sponsored by the League but may be of interest to its members
- April 18th (9:30am): A Sussex Comprehensive Plan Workshop will be held by the Sussex County Council in County Chambers (2 the Circle, Georgetown). According to the agenda is posted on their website , the Conservation Chapter will be addressed. Public comment will be taken at the beginning of the meeting. It is your turn to have a voice in how the County will look over the next ten plus years. The Sussex Comprehensive Plan website can be found here. For further information on the issues involved in the Comprehensive Plan, see the Sussex Alliance for Responsible Growth (SARG) website
- April 19th (7pm): Straws, a film "about plastic straw litter, the impacts, and how communities are making a sea of change one plastic straw at a time," will be presented at Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats. For more information, check the flyer.
- April 25th (6-9:30pm): Inland Bays Foundation Annual "Love Our Inland Bays" Dinner at Irish Eyes Restaurant in Lewes. Keynote speaker, Lt. Gov. Bethany Long-Hall. Please click here to see the here. For more information check out their website.
- April 26th (7:30pm): Free Film Showing, "Sonic Sea", about harmful effects of seismec blasting on sea life. South Coastal Public Library, Bethany Beach. The showing is sponsored by Sierra Club Sussex DE, Citizens Climate Lobby - Lower DE, and the MERR Institute. Click here for more information.
- April 26th (5:30-7:30): The third in the ACLU Sussex Series "Making Waves": Racial Justice in Delaware: Past, Present & Future. This event will highlight the history and evolution of racial justice in Delaware, with a special focus on Sussex County. The Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice is joining the ACLU to celebrate Bryan Stevenson’s Equal Justice Initiative's opening of a museum and memorial in Montgomery, Alabama. Georgetown Public Library, 123 W. Pine St., Georgetown. For more information and to RSVP click here.
- April 27-29 (shifts vary by day): The Center for Inland Bays needs volunteers to represent the Clean Water: Delaware's Clear Choice Campaign at the DE Outdoor Expo on at the Harrington Fair Grounds. This campaign is a statewide education and outreach effort focused on securing additional clean water funding. To participate, email to communications [at] inlandbays.org
- May 2nd (6:300-8:00pm): Intro to Delaware Politics 101 will be presented at Milton Public Library, 121 Unions St, Milton. This interactive discussion will provide the basic knowledge to understand Delaware's local government structure, seats available in 2018 elections, and how to get involved this election year. This venue holds 45 seats. Please register if you plan to attend. Click here to register now- https://tinyurl.com/IntrotoDEPoliticsMilton
- May 3rd (11-1pm): Housing Alliance Delaware is hosting it's annual Day for Housing Luncheon at Christ Episcopal Church in Dover to build awareness for housing and homelessness issues in Delaware and the need for increased public and private resources. Please check the flyer for details.
- May 19th (11:30-12:30pm): Hands Across the Sand Delaware, an evented to show support for an oil-free Atlantic, hosted by the Delaware Sierra Club. Please see their Facebook page for more information on this event.
- June 5th: 4th Annual Clean Water Rally in Dover.Celebrate the amazing role water plays in your life with our community of Water Warriors while enjoying festivities like FREE food from local food trucks and presentations from our Alliance Members!
To participate: Visit www.cleanwaterdelaware.org/clean-water-rally