The following community events are not sponsored by the League but may be of interest to its members:
- June 10th (10:00am): Red Sand Project, a participatory artwork that uses sidewalk interventions, earthwork installations, and coverings to create opportunities for people to question, to connect and to take action against vulnerabilities that can lead to human trafficking and exploitation. June 10th is National Children's Day. This event is an opportunity to raise awareness of human trafficking where the average age of vicrtims is 14-16 years. Attendees are asked to wear red. Click here for flyer. The project website: https://redsandproject.org/about/
- June 11th (4-7pm): Delaware Department of Transportation Public Workshop on the Georgetown East Gateway Improvement Project about proposed changes to the US 9, AIrport Road, and Sand Hill Rd intersection. The workshop will be held in the cafeteria of Sussex Academy, 21150 Airport Road, Georgetown.
- June 12th (11am): Clean Energy Lobby Day at Legislative Hall. Sponsored by the Sierra Club Delaware Chapter and partners from solar and wind industries. For more information and to register, click here.
- June 12th (7-8:30): the Southern Alliance for Racial Justice will hold an interactive presentation on the intersection of environment and racial justice at Trinity Faith Church, 15516 New Road, Lewes.
- June 13th (7-8:30pm): Screening of the film, "Straws", with panel discussion on the problems plastic straws create in our water. Free reusable straws and reusable bags while they last. Held in Lewis Public Library. Sponsored by several environmental groups. Please see flyer for more information.
- June 19th (6:30-8:30pm): Intro to Delaware Politics 101, Representational Districts 35 & 39. Presented at the Seaford Executive Center, 215 High Street. This is an interactive discussion that will provide basic knowledge to understand Delaware local government structure. For more information and to register, click here.
- June 24th (6-7:30pm): 4th in ACLU Sussex Series: Making Waves, "Fighting for Reform with a Criminal History" at Fish On, 17300 N. Village Main Blvd. Lewes. For more information click here. RSVP: dbever [at] aclu-de.org
- June 27th (8am-noon): Focus on the Delaware Coast Series: Offfshore Wind in Delaware & the Mid-Atlantic, co-sponsored by the Delaware Sea Grant and the Center for Carbon-free Power Integration and presented at the Rehoboth Convention Center. For more information, please see the flyer.
- July 28th (9-1pm): Developmental Disabilities Council Community Outreach Event for individuals with disabilities and their families, at Seaford Fire Hall, 302 E King Street. Interactive health and wellness activities, voting machine demo, etc. The LWVSC will be registering voters. Free event but RSVP required: stefanie.lancaster [at] state.de.us or 302-739-3333. See flyer here.