The following community events are not sponsored by the League but may be of interest to its members:
- February 21 (4:00-5:30pm): Clean Water: Delaware's Clear Choice is holding a discussion on The Threats Facing Sussex County Waterways and How We Can Improve Our Water Quality with speakers from the Delaware Nature Society, at Bridgeville Public Library, 600 South Cannon St, Bridgeville. No RSVP necessary, all are welcome.
- February 26 (10am): The Sussex Conservation District Local Workgroup Meeting, to discuss current USDA Farm Bill Programs administered through the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS). Meeting will be held at the USDA Agricultural Service Center,Georgetown. If you would like to attend, please call Bobbi Heck at (302) 259-7455.
- February 26 (6:30pm): Criminal Justice Town Hall with Attorney General, Kathleen Jennings to be held at 414 High Street, Seaford. Discussions to include restoring voting rights to persons after release from prison.
- March 12: (7-8:30pm): Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice will partner with the Sussex Women’s March and Unitarian Universalists of Southern Delaware for their March Town Hall meeting entitled: “Racism and Anti-Semitism". Check this link for additional details as they develop.
- March 29: Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice Announces 2019 Scholarship Program deadline. The Alliance will award up to twelve (12) $500.00 scholarships to worthy, eligible applicants from Sussex County. For more information, go to this link.
- April 4 (6:00-9:00 pm): Kickin'It Up For Kids, Clothing Our Kids is holding an evening of Jazz and Generosity Charity Auction and Fundraiser at The Peninsula Golf and Country Club, Millsboro. For tickets, before they are gone, go to this link.
- April 8th (6:30pm): DelCOG Meeting & FOI Act Presentation. The public is invited to attend this program to learn more about the Delaware Coalition for Open Goverment, and what the Freedom of Information Act is about and how it is a tool for accessing public information. The meeting will be held at the Lewis Public Library at 111 Adams St, Lewes. For more information on the organization, go to the DelCOG website.
- May 14: School Board Elections!! Check the site VOTE411.org after end of March to learn about the persons running for office in your area.
- May 14 (7:00 pm – 8:30 pm): Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice presents their May Town Hall meeting on Delaware Criminal Code Reform with guest speaker, DE State Attorney General, Kathleen Jennings. The meeting will be held at the Trinity Faith Christian Center, 15516 New Road in Lewes. For more details about some of the issues to be discussed, go to this link.