The following community events are not sponsored by the League but may be of interest to its members:
- October 9 through November 9 (until 4:30pm) Sussex County Council has an Open Public Comment Period for a Proposed Density Ordinance; comment will be accepted in written form by mail or email during this period regardiing the proposed ordinance which will change the concentration of homes in new developments near wetlands, and increase forested buffers to land development. To email the Council, and for more info on the ordinance, refer to this link.
- October 15th (10am): Sussex County Comprehensive Plan County Council Public Workshop in Sussex County Council Chambers, 2 the Circle, Georgetown. For information on what is being considered at this meeting, please refer to this article in the Cape Gazette.
- October 17th (1pm): The Lewes Library is presenting a program entitled: 'Candidates for Greatness, Session 1 - Thurgood Marshall'. Please see the flyer for more details.
- October 20th (9-12pm): Delaware Center for Inland Bays is holding, "Trick or Tree-t: Tree Planting & Halloween Celebration" at Mulberry Landing, Frankfort. For more details and to register go to this link.
- October 20th (10-2pm, rain date October 21st): Lower Delaware Beach Push-Up, Chin-Up, Sit-Up, Pull-Up Contest and Yoga Demonstration, fundraiser for non-profit environmental organizations in DE (Sierra Club, MERR Institute, DE Surfrider, Citizens Climate Lobby, AssateaqueCoastal Trust). See the flyer here. For more information and to register, click here.
- October 22nd (10am shift): Oyster Shell Bagging, Delaware Center for Inland Bays, at Fresh Pond Bethany Beach DE, volunteers needed to put cured shells into bags to stabilize the shoreline. Bring gloves and dress for the weather. To volunteer RSVP to communications [at] inlandbays.org or 302-226-8105, ext.109.