League Day in Dover:
Promoting Democracy and a Clean Environment in Delaware
League Day in Dover will focus on key issues:
- Improving our election system to allow all citizen voices to be heard!
- The National Popular Vote Compact: Basing the Electoral College on the popular vote.
- Securing Clean Water and sound infrastructure.
- Clean Energy supplied through Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) and Green Power.
Spend the day in Dover with morning speakers and luncheon at the Duncan Center, and an afternoon of meeting legislators in Legislative Hall.
- Elaine Manlove, Delaware State Election Commissioner, will address issues surrounding voting and elections.
- Andrew "Drew" Wilson, Esq. will address the National Popular Vote Compact that will ensure that the candidate with the most votes wins,.
- John Sykes, League member and former Advocacy Corps chair, will discuss the Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS), a Delaware regulation, that electricity sold by a public utility have an increasing percentage generated from renewable energy sources.
- The Hon. Valerie Longhurst will address the critical need for sound infrastructure for the supply of clean drinking water, public sewer and waste treatment plants.
$30 registration fee includes morning refreshments and lunch.
Sponsor: League of Women Voters Delaware
- National Popular Vote
- Inland Bays Foundation
- American Civil Liberties Foundation
- Delaware Nature Society
- Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence
- ERA Now Delaware