REGISTER TO VOTE
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote
- Not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony
- Not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights
- Reside in the state and parish in which you see to register and
- Must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election oif registering through the GeauxVote Online Registration System or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail registration to be eligible to vote in that particular election.
- Use this link to register on-line. GEAUXVOTE
VOTING ON ELECTION DAY
- Louisiana drivers license or state issued ID, or
- Any generally recognized picture ID
- IF NO PICTURE ID--bring proof of residence, such as a utility bill, and fill out a voter identification affidavit
- NO VOTER CAN BE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF PHOTO ID
EARLY VOTING IN ORLEANS PARISH
HOURS: 8:00 am -- 6:00 pm
Early voting begins 14 days prior to an election and ends 7 days prior to an election except on Sundays. If a state holiday occurs during the early voting period, early voting will begin 15 days prior to an election.
EARLY VOTING SITES
Registrar's Office, City Hall, RM 1W23; 1300 Perdido St.
Registrar's Office, Algiers Courthouse, RM 105; 225 Morgan St.
Voting Machine Warehouse; 8870 Chef Menteur Highway
Lake Vista Community Center, 6500 Spanish Fort Blvd. 2nd floor meeting room