Water conservation, resources, pollution
Position In Brief:
Action to Support:
- Joint management of water resources on a county-wide level in cooperation with state agencies
- Water conservation
- Enforcement of pollution controls
Planning for water supply sources (with conservation as a priority)
Statements of Position:
- Water resources in Frederick County should be jointly managed by the County and its municipalities in cooperation with State agencies.
- Water conservation measures are necessary to:
- Meet future water needs during drought periods;
- Provide additional supply for future residential and industrial growth; and
- Meet water supply and sewerage treatment needs with the least cost.
League to which this content belongs:Frederick County