The Census 2020 Education team continues its three main tasks:
- finding groups to hear our program, focusing on those connected to historically-low responders;
- making the presentations (long or short) or providing the information in an alternate format;
- participating on the County and City of Ann Arbor Complete Count Committees.
What we need: venues for our presentation, aiming to increase the count of groups that are historically undercounted, for example:
- college students,
- people who are undocumented,
- have less education or lower income,
- whose first language is not English,
- who are minorities.
Please help us find groups to hear our presentation. Send your suggestions and a name and contact information to
mleary [at] umich.edu ( Margaret Leary,) LWVAAA Census Education Coordinator.
We are especially looking for ways to present at Washtenaw Community College, Catholic churches, African American churches. Need contacts for pre-school locations to send home flyers reminding parents to include their children in the Census. Need contacts to ministerial associations throughout Washtenaw County.