Listen to our podcasts at https://lwvwashtenawcounty.simplecast.com/.
Recordings of Presentations, Candidate forums, voting information and more are posted to the LWV-WC YouTube channel.
2023 Video Posts
LWV, LWVMI, and LWV-WC support the National Popular Vote Compact (NPVC). To learn more about the Compact and why the league supports it, view the VIDEO of the LWV-WC town hall presentation.
March 9, 2023 Public forum on the Report of the Governor's Task Force on Juvenile Justice Reform. View video HERE
2020 - 2022 BREWS & VIEWS and LUNCH & LEARN
- Money in Politics Study Group March 2022 Dark Money in Politics and Local Resolution Solutions for Transparency with speaker Hank Mayers, President Michiganders for Fair and Transparent Elections.
- Lunch & Learn Feb 2022 The Pandemic, Public Health and Politics with Jimena Loveluck, Health Officer, Washtenaw County Department of Health.
- SIG Chilcren's Justice Feb 2022 Fines and Fees - Debt Free Justice – with Washtenaw County Sheriff Jerry Clayton
- SIG Money in Politics Feb 2022 Follow the Money in Local Elections – with Ed Golembiewski, Washtenaw County Director of Elections.
- Brews & Views Feb 2022 Women, Children and Guns, with Dr Patrick Carter.
- Lunch & Learn Jan 2022 Reducing Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Brews & Views Jan 2022 Reproductive Rights Under Attack
- Lunch & Learn, Dec 2021 Protecting Our Watershed: Keeping our Rivers Clean and Healthy
- Brews & Views, Dec 2021 Recycling and the Circular Economy
- Lunch & Learn, Nov 2021 Detroit's Most Polluted Zip Code
- Brews & Views, Nov 2021 Environmental Justice and Federal Policy
- Lunch & Learn, Oct 2021 Ag and Solar - Not a Zero Sum Game
- Brews & Views, Oct 2021 Carbon Pricing and Alternatives
- Lunch & Learn, Sept 2021 Stopping the Prison Pipeline: the importance of Youth Justice Advocacy
- Brews & Views, Sept. 2021 Partners for Justice: Washtenaw County's Criminal Justice Collaborative Council
- Lunch & Learn, Aug. 2021 Policing, Justice and Community: an anthropological perspective
- Brews & Views, Aug. 2021 Updating the CREW Report
- Lunch & Learn, July 2021 Policing the Police
- Brews & Views, July 2021 Criminal Justice Reform: How is Washtenaw County Doing?
- June 30, 2021 Special Brews & Views: She Took Justice: The Black Woman, Law, and Power – 1619 to 1969, with Professor Gloria J. Browne-Marshall
- What can we do about the Electoral College?
- Defending Democracy Has No Off Season - a discussion about the LWV Michigan convention
- How did Michigan’s new election laws work in 2020? Let’s ask the Director of Elections.
- Election Reform A conversation with Josh Douglas, author of VOTE For US: How to take back our elections and Change the Future of Voting April 30, 2021
- Townhall: Redistricting Commission and the role of Communities of Interest April 19, 2021
- Election Security: Facts, Myths and Fixes April 14, 2021
- Healthcare Reform: Improved Healthcare for All March 26, 2021
- Zipcode as a Factor in Life and Death March 10, 2021
- Covid Response: Focus on Michigan February 26, 2021
- Washtenaw County's Pandemic Response February 10, 2021
- Who needs Medicare for All? January 13, 2021
- We Survived the Election of November 2020! How's our Democracy's Health? November 18, 2020
- 2020 Election, Connections, Complexities and Confusions November 20, 2020
- Boots on the Ground: How Township Clerks View the Election October 23,2020
- How Sick Is Our Democracy? June 18, 2020