(for the full text see the link below)
Initiative Petition 14 would:
• Create a 12-member commission of citizens who would draw our district boundaries starting in 2025 and thereafter after each nationwide census.
• The commission would have 4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 4 members who were Independents or from other parties. At least 1 member from each group would have to vote for a district map for it to be approved.
• Elective officers and their employees, as well as members of a political party central committee and lobbyists, along with their family members, need not apply. Applicants must have been a resident of Oregon for at least 2 years or be enrolled in a federally recognized state tribal nation; must be eligible to vote and have voted in at least 2 of the 3 preceding General Elections; and must not have changed parties in the past 3 years.
• Initial winnowing of the candidates would be done by a review panel of three judges. They would send a list of 150 qualified individuals to the Secretary of State, with 50 from each of the two largest political parties and 50 registered with neither of those parties.
• The SOS would choose 6 people to serve on the commission, 2 from each of the above-stated groups. Those 6 would select the remaining 6 commissioners.
• There is a process for removing a commissioner for gross misconduct, and a process for filling a vacancy.
• Commissioners shall be paid only a per-diem fee and travel expenses.