In addition to events below that are related to mailings from the U.S. Census Bureau, please note the numerous opportunities made available via the Elmhurst Public Library (125 S. Prospect). During March, the lobby will feature a map where patrons can add a sticker to indicate that they have responded/will respond to the U.S. Census. In addition, library staff (especially in the computer lab) have been trained to answer questions about the upcoming census.
- February 29, 2020: Census in Our Lobby from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Elmhurst Public Library; attendees will get answers to questions about the census and will learn more about census-related job opportunities. The "Be an Informed Citizen" Program will follow at 3:15 PM in Meeting Room B.
- March 12–20, 2020: Households will begin receiving official Census Bureau mail with detailed information on how to respond to the 2020 Census (via the Internet, phone, or mail).
- March 16–24, 2020: Households will receive a reminder letter.
- March 21, 2020: Census Drop-In Help at the Elmhurst Public Library Computer Lab from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- April 1, 2020: Census Drop-In Help at the Elmhurst Public Library Computer Lab from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- March 26–April 3, 2020: Households will receive a reminder postcard.
- April 8–16, 2020: Households will receive a reminder letter, plus paper questionnaire.
- April 20–27, 2020: Households will receive a final reminder before enumeration
For additional information, check out the City of Elmhurst website, a video about completing the census online, and CENSUS 101: What You Need to Know.
Also, please be aware of the following as you open mail related to the 2020 Census: According to various news stories, some correspondence is circulating that resembles a census form. In actuality, however, it is a partisan fundraiser and is not from the U.S. Census Bureau! Click here for more details.