- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by Election Day. (Voters who are 17 years old are eligible to register for the primary if they will be 18 by the election.)
- You must live in your precinct at least 30 days before the election.
- You must not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
- You must not be in prison or jail serving time for a conviction.
Applicants need two forms of identification, at least one of which shows the address for their new/updated registration. Depending on how close to the election they’re registering, individuals have different options for registration:
- Voter Registration Drive: You can register at a voter registration drive held in or nearby Elmhurst prior to Election Day. LWV Elmhurst members regularly volunteer at these events.
Online Registration: It is possible to register to vote (or change your address) online here.
Same-Day Registration: Illinois offers same-day registration at your polling place. Find your polling place here.
LWV Elmhurst Voter Registration Chair