This page contains resources provided by the LWV Elmhurst. Click on the red links below for observer reports of local government meetings, as well as several other useful items for your reference.
- Observer Reports (2019 Meetings)
- Organization Documentation
- Program Materials
- The Voter Newsletter Archive
- Voting and Election Resources
- Facebook Page
NOW UPDATED WITH OR'S FROM THE 11/26/19 DISTRICT 205 BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING AND THE 12/2/19 ELMHURST CITY COUNCIL MEETING!!!
The LWV Elmhurst Observer Corps is comprised of members who serve as volunteer observers. These individuals attend meetings of the municipal bodies noted below. Their reports are presented on this site as a public service. They are in no way “official.” Instead, they are intended solely as an informal means of enabling citizens to remain apprised of the issues and decisions that shape local government. Every effort is made to ensure observer reports are accurate; however, like all materials of this nature, they are subject to human error.
Depending on their availability, reports filed prior to January 2019 can be obtained by clicking here.
- College of DuPage (COD) Board of Trustees
- Elmhurst City Council
- Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 Board of Education
- Elmhurst Park District Board of Commissioners
- Glossary of League Terms
- LWV Elmhurst Bylaws
- LWVIL Website
- LWVUS Website
- PDF of "Making Your Voice Heard" for LWV Advocates
- LWVUS: Where We Stand
- LWVIL: Where We Stand
- LWVIL: Quarterly Issues and Advocacy Report (October 2019)
Coming soon! The LWV Elmhurst hosts program throughout the year that are free to the general public. Please check back here as our upcoming calendar becomes finalized. We hope to add links to websites and documentation that will further inform you about our program topics.
Recent issues of the The Voter can be obtained here (in the news section of our website). Editions of the newsletter predating 2018 can be obtained by contacting Becky Lipton, the LWV Elmhurst newsletter editor.
- Illinois Voter Guide Research Process
- Register to Vote Brochure (Published by the DuPage County Election Commission)
- Registrar Handbook (Published by the DuPage County Election Commission)
Additional questions about voting and elections can be directed to Sue Whitworth, the LWV Elmhurst voter service chair, and/or Kathleen Quinn, the LWV Elmhurst voter registration chair. You can also click here to refer to our voting section.
Be sure to like us on Facebook! Check our page (as well as your inbox and this website) on a regular basis for updates from the LWV Elmhurst.