Long-range planning, funding; Title IX and gender equity
Position In Brief:
Action to Support:
- Long range educational planning
- Adequate local funding
- Measures to promote gender equity
Long Range Planning (1984)
- Any long-range plan should be comprehensive, consistent, realistic and equitable.
- Any plan should provide for evaluation procedures after the implementation.
- As quality of education is determined at the most basic level of the quality of teachers in the system, teachers, must be:
- Offered competitive salaries;
- Helped to maintain and improve their skills;
- Assigned classes of manageable size.
Gender Equity (1984)
- The school system should continue to take an active role in educating to reduce sexist attitudes and practices in school and society.
- Positive implementation of Title IX needs to be reaffirmed periodically and evidenced by policy and program.
- A monitoring system to assure the application of Title IX principles to curriculum, teaching materials, counseling, vocational training and administration; educational plans.
League to which this content belongs:Frederick County