Regional Symposium on Regional Government - Winds of Change
League Day Packet
Impact of Regional Government on Local Government and Community Intersection and Interconnection
Head Winds: Micro-climate Perspective of Regionalism and Regional Governance
California State Senator
Today’s Swirling Cross-Winds: Creation of a New Comprehensive Regional Planning Agency: Where have we been and what’s ahead.
“What’s needed, what would work, barriers, challenges, and big ideas.”
Moderator: Matt Vander Sluis, Deputy Director, Greenbelt Alliance
Julie Pierce, Clayton Councilmember, Association of Bay Area Governments’ Immediate past President, Commissioner Metropolitan Transportation Commission
Bay Area Cross Currents:
Historical Bay Area look at Regionalism and Regional Governance
Highlighting League’s Role in this Discussion Since the 1960’s.
Regional “Weather” Forecast – Today and Tomorrow:
A Regional Roundtable
Roundtable Moderator: Louise Rothman-Riemer, President, LWV Oakland
Each group discusses their group, their role in the region, their challenges and successes, collaborations, community engagement— intersection and interconnections. Moderator will facilitate their discussion about what’s next, their vision for future collaborations, to what could/would work and new models of governance.
- BARC-Bay Area Reg. Collaborative, Allison Brooks, Exec. Dir.
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission, Ken Kirkey, Planning Dir.
- CASA-Committee to House the Bay Area, Leslye Corsiglia, Co-Chair and SV@Home
- Bay Area Council/Economic Institute, Matt Regan, Senior V.P. of Public Policy
- SPUR, Egon Terplan, Regional Planning Director
- Nonprofit Housing of Northern California, Pedro Galvao, Regional Planning-Policy Manager
- Working Partnerships USA, Derecka Mehrens, Exec. Dir.