by Martha Goralka
- The League is partnering with CCTV, the Contra Costa Elections Department, Contra Costa Library, and the League of Women Voters of West Contra Costa to broadcast and record Candidate Round Tables. Zoom meetings are scheduled for September 16, 17, and 18.
- We will be holding forums for 20 races covering as many communities.
- LWV Diablo Valley is hosting additional forums for some school board races with CCTV and the libraries on September 29 and October 1.
- We are also partnering with Clayton’s AAUW (September 28th) and the Orinda Association (October 8th) for other Zoom forums – with more in possible planning stages.
Send questions for candidates to be used at the candidate forums and recorded roundtables to voter.services [at] lwvdv.org.
- Technical coordinators - Zoom experts to let candidates into the “waiting room” and to handle the forum logistics as candidates speak
- Timers – to indicate when a candidate’s time for speaking is running out
- Moderators - to ask questions and graciously remind candidates when their time has expired.
Pros and Cons presentations are also being done virtually this year. Kay James and Janet Thomas are working on scripts, even as you read this, and they will be partnering with St. Mary’s College students to produce videos of presentations. They can also use other volunteers to help, if you are interested.
If you want to help with any of these voter service activities, please contact us at voter.services [at] lwvdv.org. I know I can count on each of you to Empower Voters and Make Democracy Work!