We want you to join the League of Women Voters. Everyone is welcome!
Who Are the Members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why Should I Join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
- have the opportunity to participate in local, state, and national League work
- know that your membership dues add to our grassroots strength and our financial resources
How Much Time Does It Take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What Do I Get?
You automatically become a member of the Bay Area Inter-League Organization, LWV California and LWV of the United States - a portion of your dues goes to each of these organizations. You will receive their communications along with the newsletter from the Diablo Valley League of Women Voters called The VOTER which is usually published 10 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just fill out a form and mail in your check. Contact us at (925) 283-2235 or
Email: email the League. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Be sure to fill out a Member Interest Survey to help us match your interests to our activities!