What is a local League?
The League of Women Voters is organized at the national (LWVUS), state (LWVID), and local levels, in parallel with the levels of organization of government. Our volunteers work year-round to register new voters, host community forums, and debates, and provide voters with election information they need. We engage at the local and state levels on legislative priorities and efforts to improve our elections.
What do local Leagues do?
- Study and take action on local issues!
- Host forums about local issues for the community!
- Publish local political directories!
- Host candidate forums for local offices!
- Publish non-partisan voter guides for local elections!
- Provide information about state and national issues to their community!