- citizen of the United States
- Eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of the election
- resident of the state and county for at least 30 days prior to the election
- registered to vote
- The Election Office, County Courthouse
- The Montana Motor Vehicle Division office when renewing a driver's license.
A driver's license number, the last 4 digits of a Social Security Number, photo identification or utility bill with current address is required to register.
Late registration. Beginning 30 days before an election and up to and including election day, citizens may register to vote and vote at the Election Office except for school elections.
Failure to vote in two consecutive federal general elections may result in the removal of an elector's name from the voting rolls. Responding to a mailed confirmation notice can prevent such removal. If an elector's name is removed from the rolls, he/she must re-register.
Enter your address to find your polling place, create your personalized voters' guide and find everything you need to vote! With your personalized guide, you will:
- see everything that will be on your ballot,
- print out a personalized ballot with your choices to take with you on Election Day.
Are you a military or overseas voter?