Managing League Slideshow
Managing League Slideshow
Your site comes with a slideshow that displays on your homepage, above your homepage title. The slideshow is made up of individual slideshow items that you manage separately in order to make changes to the slideshow.
The slideshow dimensions are 800 pixels wide by 400 pixels high, so opt for higher quality images when creating or replacing a slideshow item. Each new slideshow item you create will appear (after publishing) first in line in the slideshow--unless others have been made sticky. Visit your League's Manage Content screen to find your slideshow items, accessible from the Administer League Site menu.
Removing Slideshow Item
To prevent a slideshow item from appearing in the rotation on your homepage, you can simply unpublish each one you don't want to display. Visit the Manage Content screen to locate your slideshow items. Check each box for the ones you want to remove, then choose from the Operations:
- Unpublish - remove the public slideshow item, leaving only a draft available to webmasters only
- Delete - remove from your site entirely
Then select Execute to confirm your choice. If you choose to delete, you'll be asked to confirm once more.
Re-ordering Slideshow Items
Visit our FAQs page, and read the first question: How do I manage items I've promoted to the front page?
Creating Slideshow Item
- While on your homepage, expand the Administer League Site menu.
- From the drop-down list of options, click Add Slideshow Item. This will open an editing form for the new slideshow item.
- **TITLE**: Add a Slideshow Item Title. The title in the example below is "Donec sed odio dui."
- **SLIDESHOW IMAGE**: Under Slideshow Image, click Browse to add the image that will become the slideshow item.
- When uploading a new image from your computer, follow these instructions for inserting your slideshow image.
- If using an existing image in the MyLO Media Library, click the tabs at the top of the Media browser window: "My League's FIles", My Files", or "All Files".
- From there, you can search by term to find the appropriate image for your slideshow item.
- SLIDESHOW LINK: Add the link title and link URL if needed. The link title in the example below is "LWV US is awesome!" and the link URL is http://lwv.org/.
- You can use the Search button to find an internal page to link to--a page from your own League's MyLO site.
- SLIDESHOW CAPTION: Add the slideshow caption in the appropriate text box, if needed. NOTE: Do not add additional images here because it will affect how the slideshow item displays in your homepage.
- **PUBLIC OR MEMBERS ONLY?**: The slideshow item should be set to 'Public' to display on the homepage.
- **LEAGUE TO WHICH THIS CONTENT BELONGS*: Your League's name should be chosen here--it's most likely the only option for this field, so you can ignore.
- PUBLISHING OPTIONS
- PROMOTED TO FRONT PAGE: this option does not apply to slideshow items. Leave this checkbox blank/unchecked.
- STICKY AT TOP OF LISTS: Choosing this option will force the slideshow item to remain as the first in the slideshow. Sticky slideshow items maintain top priority in the order of the slideshow.
- MODERATION NOTES: These are created by default but you can add more details about your changes made on the editing form.
- MODERATION STATE: If you are satisfied with your slideshow item, change this state to Published. If left as Draft (current), the slideshow item will not show up in the rotation on your homepage.
- SAVE your creation!
** - these fields are REQUIRED