College students have had plenty of opportunities to register to vote by now, but will they actually vote? Even the most dedicated student-voter may not be able to make it to the polls on election day. What can you do to help?
Share this video: College Voting 101
Encourage your favorite college students to VOTE EARLY using a MAIL-IN ABSENTEE BALLOT.
Send them a "Care Enough to Vote" Package!
Send them a care package with these 4 key components:
- A request-for-absentee-ballot form. You can print out the Ohio form here: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/publications/#abr
- An envelope, because who brings business envelopes to school these days? For extra points, write the county Board of Elections' address on the envelope. Here are the addresses for Ohio: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/…/county-boards-of-elections-d…/
- At least 2 stamps: One to mail in the absentee ballot request form, and one or two to mail back the voted ballot. Neither of these things can be done on line.
- A treat, because treats are good.
- A second Care Enough To Vote Package, to share with a friend.
- A letter with and a pep talk about the importance of voting, the deadlines they need to know, and a reminder that they can learn about the candidates and issues at www.Vote411.org from the League of Women Voters.
- An extra set of earbuds, because they're always losing those things.
[This care package can also be used for anyone who might have a hard time getting to the polls.]