- Encourage informed & active participation in government
- Increase understanding of major public policy issues
- Influence public policy through education and advocacy
We are non-partisan; meaning that we never endorse or oppose political parties or candidates.
Our Two Roles:
- Voter Service & Education: We present unbiased, nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Advocacy: We are nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
What We Do:
We educate ourselves on all sides of an issue. We adopt positions through this research and then come to a mutual agreement among the membership. Learn more about how we adopt a position.
We inform our members through monthly publications, discussion groups, study groups, and action committees. We inform our citizens through candidate forums, ballot measure forums, and Voters' Guides.
The League advocates by testifying and lobbying. Most League-sponsored activities are open to the public and free of charge.
The League neither supports nor opposes any political party or candidate. The League advocates on issues that members have studied and on which it has a position.
Contact us to get involved Mail to: lwvclackamas [at] lwvclackamas.org