Polling Place Voting Machines Information
Delaware County Council at its Oct. 23, 2019, meeting, voted unanimously to spend $6 million to purchase Hart Verity 2.3.4 voting machines. LWV supported this choice.
The Hart Verity machine meets Pennsylvania certification standards because it allows:
- hand-marked, paper ballots that are readable by voters with no bar codes.
- ballots that can be read and counted by an optical scanner and recounted by hand as needed.
- accessibility for handicapped individuals to use a touch screen machine that provides a printed ballot that confirms their choices without a bar code and is read by an optical scanner.
- the ability to continue voting in a power outage with a secure box into which voters can manually slide their ballots.
- maximum security to protect our votes from hacking or other tampering.
- simple mechanisms to open and close the machines as well as operate machine that will encourage people to work at the polls.
PLEASE WATCH THE VOTING MACHINE DEMO VIDEOS BELOW: