This study updates the League position of 2011.
Part 1: Election Security
Review a summary of part 1 of this study.
- continuous monitoring and upgrading of security, including resources, standards, and certifications
- expansion of absentee and early voting with the funding to support them
- audits following elections
- best practices regarding election equipment
- return of ballots via Internet until such voting can be accomplished while maintaining ballot security and integrity
- photo IDs
Part 2: Ranked Choice Voting, Voter Suppression
- ranked choice voting in local elections and primaries
- working closely with registrars/election boards to implement procedures
- restoration of voting rights to felons