All solutions to fire safety problems should be fair, effective, flexible, efficient, and provide accountability to the public. Fire safety problems need to be addressed in a timely manner. Financing methods used to solve fire safety need to be appropriate to the time frame of the project. The League believes that the Moraga Orinda Fire District and the City of Orinda have the primary responsibility for developing solutions to fire safety problems including education, financing mechanisms, appropriate regulations and their enforcement.
(Adopted 2002, reviewed and affirmed annually)
The Lamorinda Unit of the LWVDV supports the following objectives:
- Adequate water flow for all of Orinda, with a minimum water flow of 1000 gallons per minute per hydrant.
- Enforcement of existing vegetation management legislation with adequate financing.
- Programs organized for facilitating the removal of flammable vegetation.
- Public and private roads and driveways accessible to fire vehicles.
- A general plan consistent with the fire code and fire safety in general.