These Guidelines apply to all our presence on social media. Thanks to Flickr, LWVUS, LWVC and YouTube for great community guidelines which inspired us!
Just like any other community, the League of Women Voters of Ventura County community includes people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and values. People like this page for different reasons, and have different expectations. This page is moderated by a number of individuals, but we would like to see the community establish norms and standards, too. Therefore, please encourage each other to maintain a civil, friendly, supportive atmosphere.
We ask that you:
- Be nice. We're a global community of many types of people, who all have the right to feel comfortable and who may not think what you think, believe what you believe or see what you see. We do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization. We will not tolerate harassment or bullying of any kind. So, be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members.
- Be classy. We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit content.
- Be legal. Please share your ideas, art, events, music, videos, etc. Use must comply with all applicable local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and laws. Do not post content protected by any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights, without permission from the owner. We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Be relevant. Off-topic content is not permitted. We encourage open and free speech, and encourage you to create new groups if you'd like to discuss something other than politics and civic life in California. This group is focused on creating civil discourse, and we want to keep it that way.
- Be responsive. Participation in this community is at the discretion of the administrators. We will always ask you to remove offensive content or reconsider your behavior in this group; if we feel you're unresponsive or continue to disrupt the group, you may be blocked from the group.
- Be responsible. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
We neither support nor oppose candidates or political parties, and we don't want people using our page to do so.
The appearance of external links on this page does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the administrators of this group.