LWVCT is proud to work with the Secretary of State's Office to provide a link to online voter registration.
League of Women Voters' nonpartisan voting information website, Vote411.org has Connecticut candidates’ information for the Primary on August 14th. VOTE411.org is a "one-stop-shop" for election related information. It provides election information to the public with both general and state-specific information.vote411.org
Need help learning about elections in Connecticut. Voter information is what the League of Women Voters does best! We designed votect.net to help both new and experienced voters in Connecticut find information for the 2018 Elections. It includes information on the August 14 Primary Election, the November 6 General Election, access to info on registering to vote, who the candidates are, voting by absentee ballots, voting at the polls, and working at the polls. All in one spot! votect.net
The League of Women Voters of CT encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Constituent Contacts are the Key to Effective Advocacy
- June 5 - Legislative Leadership Ends Practice of Providing Transcripts for Public Hearings. Another Attack on Open Government. Call to Action
- May 7 - Call to Action - Last Chance to Support Early Voting, Voter Privacy and Net Neutrality
- May 5 - Connecticut Joins the National Popular Vote Compact
- April 19 - Early Voting Passes the House! Early Voting Fact Sheet Contact your State Senator Now!
- April 17 - The Bottle Bill needs your support!
- April 11 - Final Weeks of 2018 Legislative Session
Call to Action Contact your legislators! Support Early Voting, CEP, SEEC and Campaign Finance Reforms
- March 11 - Advocate for Early Voting and Same Day Registration
- February 26 -LWVCT Continues to Advocate for Common Sense Fire Arms Legislation that ensures the safety of the Residents of Connecticut - LWV Postion and History of Advocacy for Gun Safety
- January 16 LWVCT defends the CE Program & SEEC - Hartford Courant Op-ed
- November 14 Call to Action - Defend CEP and the SEEC
Citizens' Election ProgramCEProud is a three year commitment (2016-2019) by LWVCT to raise awareness of the Citizens' Election Program - Connecticut's model program for publicly financed campaigns.