The leaders you elect make decisions that affect you - your job, your health care, your energy costs, and your security.
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management. Donations to the Education Fund, a 501(c)(3)corporation, are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.
Voter Education Resources
Is your league educating and registering new voters in your area in 2020? The League of Women Voters of Northern Fairfield County have shared their updated lesson plans for Mock Voter Registration and What to Expect at the Polls on Election Day in Connecticut as a resource for new voter education.
Voting Resources Online
Voting in Connecticut
- How Do I Choose a Candidate in Connecticut?
- What to Expect at the Polls on Election Day
- Application for absentee ballot (in English)
- Solicitud de papaletas de voto ausente
- Convicted Felons and right to vote information at http://www.votect.net/convicted-felon.html
- Election Day Registration FAQs (Sept '13)
- Permanent Absentee Ballot Flyer (Aug '13) (regarding voters with disabilities)
- Permanent Absentee Ballot FAQs (Sept '13)
- General Information about elections: http://www.sots.ct.gov
- Registrars of Voters List, by CT Town
LWVCTEF Debate Standards
- Debate Standards
- Online Voter Guide: In even-numbered years, there will be an online guide to candidates for statewide offices. In odd-numbered years, Local Leagues may have Voters' Guides of candidate profiles for local offices. Local Voters' Guides will be found by way of the Local League sites.
Know Your State and Federal Officials
Directory of Elected Officials 2019-21 is currently being updated. It will appear on our website soon.
Find Your Legislator: Once you enter your address and town, the page seems to refresh as a blank form. But, scroll down below the search engine window and you will find all your current state and federal representatives listed, with links to their websites and more contact information.
Maps of Connecticut Voting Districts
Find here the list of maps by the 2011 Redistricting Commission, including all the town maps and statewide maps.