LWVCT VISION STATEMENT 2020-2021
The LWVCT will lead Connecticut to be the state where citizens engage as voters. The LWVCT will be responsible for increasing the percentage of eligible registered voters actually voting so that:
• Every eligible citizen is registered to vote
• Every registered citizen is educated on the issues
• Every educated citizen is empowered to vote
The LWVCT is committed to promoting effective public policy and informed participation of citizens in government. The LWVCT will empower local Leagues to promote voter participation, serve voters, and preserve good governance locally.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
LWV is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, native or indigenous origin, age, generation, sexual orientation, culture, religion, belief system, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic status, language, accent, ability status, mental health, educational level or background, geography, nationality, work style, work experience, job role function, thinking style, personality type, physical appearance, political perspective or affiliation and/or any other characteristic that can be identified as recognizing or illustrating diversity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy.
The League of Women Voters Empowers Voters and Defends Democracy
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity, equity and inclusion
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity, equity and inclusion in membership, partnerships and all our work
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.