In the Attachments section of the Information for Delaware Voters page you'll find They Represent You, an LWVNCC publication listing all elected officials from Delaware who hold federal, state, New Castle County, Wilmington, and Newark offices.
This document prints best on legal size paper. It is updated every two years following general elections; the 2019 edition is now available.
The LWVDE Lobby Handbook, available on that same page, is an excellent primer on how the Delaware government works, and how to effectively communicate your opinions to your elected officials.
The News Journal provides an online tool called Know Your Legislator that can be used to quickly find who represents your senate and representative districts in the Delaware General Assembly. Just follow the link and enter your home address.
New Castle County - "The First County in the First State"
The County offices are located at:
NCC Government Center
NCC Government Center
87 Reads Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Here are links to some other online resources:
- New Castle County Home Page. Has direct links to all County offices, including Row Offices (Clerk of the Peace, Recorder of Deeds, Register of Wills, and Sheriff), Property Tax Information, and other county matters.
- County Laws and Code. Links to the complete County Code as well as direct links to the Unified Development Code, the Building Code, and the Property Maintenance Code.
- Office of the County Executive. Includes links to the County Budget and County Initiatives such as environmentally friendly and smart energy programs, a free prescription card program, senior programs, and others.
- County Council. Members, Agendas and Minutes, Audio Archives, District Maps. Click on a photo of any County Council Member to see his or her own page with a bio, contact information, a district map, and other highlights.
- Frequently Asked FOIA Questions. How to request public information from the county.
- New Castle County's Open Checkbook. An interactive and searchable site that includes detailed information on all county finances, launched by County Executive Matthew Meyer in July 2017.
- The Delaware League of Local Governments provides links to websites, lists of mayors/managers, days and times of municipal council or commission meetings, municipal codes, election dates, and more.
The State of Delaware
- Delaware State Government. Citizen Services, Business Services, State Agencies, press releases, blogs, Facebook and Twitter sites, a photo gallery, and more.
- General Assembly. Lists your legislators, committees, meetings when in session, allows you to do a bill search, and more.
- Elections Commission. Direct access to voting, elections, scanned campaign contribution reports by year and candidate, and more.
- Delaware State Code. Organized by Title (topic). Titles can be downloaded to most eBooks.
- Information about Delaware State Freedom of Information Act. Includes FOIA rules and an information request form, as well as state Attorney General opinions on past FOIA complaints.
The following links to our Congressional delegation allow you to learn our legislators' committee assignments, issues, their latest news releases, how to secure constituent services or sign up for e-newsletters or blogs as well as general contact information.