The League of Women Voters of Sussex County held a public Land Use Forum on Wednesday, November 1st, in County Council Chambers, Georgetown from 7 to 9 PM. This forum was entitled "Renewable Energy: Benefits and Opportunities in Sussex County". It was the 16th in our series of public forums focusing on educating the public and encouraging all Sussex residents to become involved in the drafting of the 2018 Comprehensive Plan. We encourage all residents to share their vision with their elected officials.
(l-r) Bonnie Ram, Senior Researcher at the Center for Carbon-free Power Integration at UDel, LWVSC VP and moderator Janet Ambrose,Jennifer Clemons, Chair of Del Tech's Renewable Energy Programs and Dale Davis, President of CMI Solar and Electric of Newark, in Sussex County Chambers.
Speakers with their presentations:
- Dale Davis, President of CMI Solar and Electric: Rewewable Energy: Benefits and Opportunities for Sussex County
- Jennifer Clemons,Chair of Del Tech Renewable Energy Solar Programs
- Bonnie Ram, Senior Researcher, Center for Carbon-free Power Integration at the University of Delaware: Renewable Energy Trends & Opportunities in Sussex County
The League of Women Voters of Sussex County held a public Land Use Forum on Wednesday, September 13, 2017, entitled: "2018 Comprehensive Plan Economic Development in Sussex: What and Where? It was the 15th in our series of public forums focusing on educating the public and encouraging all Sussex residents to become involved in the drafting of the 2018 Comprehensive Plan. The speakers and the links to their presentations follow:
- Bill Pfaff - Sussex County Economic Development Director: Economic Development in Sussex
- Jack Berberian - Founder & CEO Troy Ventures: Economic Development
- Ken Bounds - Deputy Secretary of Agriculture:Planning for Agriculture in Sussex County
On May 24th, 2017 a forum entitled, "Will the Comprehensive Plan Have Teeth", was held at Sussex County Council Chambers. The speakers and their power point presentations follow:
- Max Walton, Attorney and Senior Fellow in the University of Delaware's Institute of Public Administration, Delaware Comprehensive Plan Laws
- Linda P. Raab, Senior Land-Use Planner at the University of Delaware's Institute for Public Administration, Achieving Vision, Goals & Objectives of the Comprehensive Plan
- Scott Thomas - Southern DE Tourism Executive Director, The Value of Tourism
The forum entitled, "Looking Back - Looking Forward: 2008-2018 Comprehensive Plans: Environmental Element" was held in County Council Chambers on April 26th, 2017. The speakers and links to their power point presentations follow:
- Carol Bason, Environmental scientist, former volunteer at the Center for the Inland Bays, Looking Back to 2008
- Chris Bason, Executive Director, Center for the Inland Bays, 2016 - The State of the Delaware Inland Bays
- Susan Love, DNREC Principal Planner for Climate and Resiliency, Climate Change in Delaware
On March 22, 2017, the public forum on "Affordable Housing & Substandard Housing Issues" was held at County Council Chambers. The speakers and the available power point presentation follow:
- Trish Kelleher, Executive Director of the DE Housing Coalition, Who Can Afford to Live in Sussex County?
- Joseph Neutzling, Legal Services Corp of Delaware
- Brad Whaley, Director of the Sussex County Community Development Office.
The information from three talks given at our public land use forum entitled "The Developers' Perspective: An Effective 2018 Comprehensive Plan" at County Council Chambers, on Wednesday, November 16, 2016, follows:
- Preston Schell, CEO of Ocean Atlantic Companies, A Developer's Perspective
- Sarah Keifer, Kent County Director of Planning, What is Comprehensive Planning?
- Nick Hammonds, Jack Lingo Asset Management, LWVSC Forum Presentation
The powerpoint presentations from the three talks given at the Land Use forum entitled "What Drives DelDot? - Part 2" at County Council Chambers on Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 follow:
- Jennifer Cohan, DelDOT Secretary
- Todd Lawson, Sussex County Administrator
- Drew Boyce, DelDOT Director of Planning