EDUCATION AND EARLY LEARNING
- Policies that provide an equitable, quality public education for all children pre-K through grade 12
- A free public secular school system with high standards for student achievement and with equality of educational opportunity for all that is financed adequately with an equitable funding formula.
- Fact-based curriculum and textbooks and civics education
- Well-being and safety of all students
- Accessible, affordable, high quality early education
- Preparation for self-sufficiency; all students to complete school with the knowledge, skills, and resources to be financially independent.
League of Women Voters of US
League of Women Voters of Florida
Study and Action 2023-2025.docx (lwvfl.org) pages 76-89
Education Issues: Education - League of Women Voters of Florida (lwvfl.org)
Coming soon: Partisan School Board Election Trifold
Banned Books Resource: https://lwvfl.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Banned-Books-Resource-on-Book-Clubs.docx,
2022-23 Florida Assessments (all school districts). Most Lee County scores were below state average:
Early Language and Literacy Skills to Give Your Baby a Jump Start to Succeed -