Our work continues; you can make a difference!
During these uncertain times, we know that you are doing all you can to ensure your health and safety, and that of your community. The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island wants you to know that we remain committed to empowering voters and defending democracy. There are many ways that you can participate in strengthening our democracy. See a few suggestions in our Action/Advocacy section below.
Be safe and healthy! Your friends at LWVRI
- Register to vote if you have yet to do so at Vote 411 or at R.I. Secretary of State. More
- Get the latest updates on R.I.'s upcoming elections and learn more about voting-by-mail at R.I. Board of Elections and what the League is doing. More
- Fill out the 2020 U.S. Census. We want to ensure that Rhode Island continues to receive the federal funding it deserves, and we keep two U.S. House Representatives. More
- Support the League's People Powered Fair Maps campaign and ensure that R.I. puts the power of drawing districts in the hands of ordinary Rhode Islanders and not legislators. Sign a petition and show your support for proposed amendments to the R.I. Constitution to create an independent redistricting commission at Redraw RI. More
- Read the House or Senate bills that would pave the way for an independent redistricting commission in Rhode Island.
- Check our Articles page in the menu for the latest stories on these and other issues.