Interested in helping the League from the comfort of your own home? Want to use your existing technical skills or grow skills in an area? The Communications Team is responsible for all aspects of communicating with our members and the public, as well as maintaining accurate sources of information for both members and nonmembers.
What we do:
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter, using Word and MailChimp
- Keep our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Eventbrite) up to date
- Set up public and members-only meetings via Eventbrite and Zoom
- Design flyers / posters for various events
- Work with local media (TV, radio, print) on upcoming events and activities
- Produce printed materials, such as directories of elected officials and a membership directory, which are handed out at our voter registrations, policy luncheons, etc.
- Maintain a website containing information about our organization and upcoming events
Volunteer Benefits (and why we love the Communications Team!!)
- Flexible schedule and working from home.
- Expanding skills into new technology (Beginners welcome - you don’t need to start off as an expert!)
- The feeling of accomplishment that what you’ve created will be seen and used by lots of people, and knowing that you’re getting information out to a lot of people.
- Connecting with other League members and helping them communicate their ideas effectively
- Being part of a team - you’re not alone!
Varies. Some roles are 1 – 2 hrs. / week and others might be once monthly for four – five hours. On-demand design work is more intermittent throughout the year.
From our volunteers:
"I have a strong interest in the League, and can edit the newsletter from my home during only a few days each month. I have asked our super secretary for copies of her board minutes, which not only keep me informed for the newsletter, but also keep me personally up to date. I work with a team of members with specific interests, who each contribute from time to time." Suzanne Rhodes
"Volunteering has helped me learn about the League and understand its work better. It's also a great way to connect with other members." Mary Voulgaris
“I like being in the background and supporting the various activities that the League does – I feel needed! And I get to meet a lot of interesting people.”
Susan Cirulli, Communications Chair
Want to know more? Submit the form below and a volunteer will follow up.