As a grassroots organization, members and membership are central to the League. The Membership Team works behind the scenes to provide new members with information about the League, maintain membership records, and conduct membership renewal activities. Volunteers also encourage membership engagement by connecting members with League activities.
- Coordinate with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team to enhance our membership
- Coordinate with the Treasurer, Communications Chair, and State Membership Chair to provide membership, payment, and contact information for new and renewing members
- Maintain up-to-date member records in the database; download and reorganize information for League leader use
- Organize and conduct renewal activities; provide membership forms for mailings
- Welcome new members and provide them information; assist with planning orientation sessions
Duties are usually divided among the team with one person mainly handling records with backup, and others providing outreach/engagement by phone or by attending events.
- Meet people who are interested in getting involved and help them see how they can use their talents and pursue their interests in the League
- Enjoy working with League data and keeping records in order.
- Find satisfaction keeping members excited about supporting and being part of the League.
From our volunteers: