It’s February – let’s wish a Happy 99th Birthday to the League of Women Voters! And here are lots of other things to do this month:
- Start with our Calendar, particularly the Program Planning meeting on February 23rd.
- Not sure what Program Planning is? Martha has that covered in her part of the League Leaders’ Letters, along with updates on planning for the 2020 election (already!) Suzan catches you up with recent strategic planning and Womens March activities.
- We have three proposals for adopting new positions by concurrence to discuss at Program Planning, and all three are on the website with wording and background materials:
- Criminal Justice
- Civil Discourse (read the proposal letter, and then the proposed position)
- Representation/Election Process
- If you missed the recent forum on Money & Politics, Suzan wrote up her notes for you to read.
- You can get ready for our March 16 meeting, How to Be a Government Watchdog, by reading our most recent Lafayette Observer report.
If you want to download and print the entire Voter, the PDF is available right here. This month it contains a notice that isn’t on this website because it pertains to a different level of League, but we’ll share it here so you don’t miss it:
BART Oversight Committee Member Needed!
The League of Women Voters of the Bay Area is looking for applicants for the League representative on the Measure RR BART Oversight Committee. BART staff will provide an orientation, materials and support. Members must attend at least 50% of the semi-annual meetings, and may serve for up to three two-year terms. The BART web site includes information about the Citizens’ Oversight Committee and Committee Reports are posted in this section at: https://www.bart.gov/about/bod/advisory/bond.
For application forms and more information, contact Alex Starr, LWVBA Transportation Chair, at apstarr [at] ix.netcom.com
We're no longer putting out the Voter as a single email -- most of the information is here on the website (follow the links). You can download the PDF version below.